Bring a Young Audiences artist-in-residence to your school to create a beautiful work of art and enliven a wall, hallway, doorway, bench or any indoor or outdoor space with a custom mural of any size. Students and teachers work closely with an artist to design a project that is hands-on, visually stunning, and lasts forever.
- Make it unique! Add colors, texture and a design that reflects the unique personality of your school’s community. Show everyone that your school is a welcoming and creative place in which to learn.
- Make it fun! Your students and staff will enjoy rolling up their sleeves to work on this project, from design, to cutting clay, to firing tiles, to painting. Involve parents and staff in any step of the process, too.
- Make it academic! Integrate your mural project with an academic subject. Select a design that enhances learning in social studies, math, or science. The possibilities are endless.
Schools create murals for many different reasons:
- Commemorate an anniversary or event
- Highlight educational, social values or the unique identity of your school (reading, science, citizenship, creativity, cooperation ….)
- Beautify a wall or space with a piece of public art
- Provide a welcoming entryway to a school or new portal
- Learn a new art technique
Who does the work? Students are involved at whatever level is desired. Their involvement can be in the design, drawing, painting and/or working with materials, or installation. Some prefer to have the artist do the actual creating, involving the students in the planning part only. We can work with one class or an entire student body. Many schools invite their entire community to participate, including having all the staff paint a tile or asking parent volunteers to assist in the classroom, help install the mural or organize an unveiling event.
Thank you so much for the beautiful mural. It was such a wonderful experience for our students and an absolutely beautiful addition to our school. You have brightened our world at CIS.
How long does it take? A project can take a few days to several weeks, depending on the scope of the project.
Where can we put our mural? Young Audiences artists can work with almost any space: indoors, outdoors, a hallway, around a door, a window, a bench, a planter, a gym, cafeteria, library, or classroom.
What does my school need to supply? A space to work in; typically an art room, or any classroom with an appropriate space. Our artists come with all the other materials needed. A teacher or teacher team will coordinate the project with the artist and assist with curricular connections.
What materials is the mural made from? Young Audiences has artists who work in glass, clay, ceramics, cardboard, batik fabric, Plexiglas, acrylic paint and other materials. Artists can help create a painting, a ceramic mural, a mosaic mural, a glass mural to hang in a window, a clay tile relief mural, a permanent installation or something that can be moved.
What is the cost? A typical project ranges from $1,000 to over $4,000 depending upon the size of the project and number of students involved.
Meet the Muralists! Several Young Audiences visual artists have extensive experience working with schools and organizations to create unique murals:
How do I get started? Call Young Audiences at 216-561-5005 or email us at email@example.com.
I was very pleased with George Woideck's professionalism, talent and manner with the students, parents and staff. I highly recommend him to any school or organization seeking a quality experience for their mural project. He was able to incorporate the ideas students shared and create the essence of our school.