ARTS EDUCATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARDS
One winner in each of the award categories (Arts, Education, and Entrepreneurship) will be chosen. Award winners will be honored at Icons of Art Party: Decades – Young Audiences of Northeast Ohio's 60th Anniversary Event on September 27, 2013. Winners will receive a commemorative award, as well as a fund named in their honor for Young Audiences' Fund for Their Future. Winners will be announced in June, 2013.
- Makes a significant impact on their artistic discipline
- Serves as a model for the power of the arts and creativity in everyday life
- Fosters interaction among children, adults, or the community for the betterment of Northeast Ohio
- Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for the arts in education
- Recognizes the importance of imagination and creativity for the future of education
- Contributes to the vitality and enrichment of education in Northeast Ohio
- Demonstrates leadership through creative achievement
- Embodies the intersection of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Recognizes the value and role of the arts in shaping and supporting entrepreneurial innovation
NOMINATION PROCESS AND REGULATIONS
April 12, 2013
(Submissions were due April 12, 2013. Young Audiences is no longer accepting nominations for the 2013 year.)
- Cover Sheet
- Nomination narrative
- Two letters of support
- Resume, curriculum vitae, or biographical sketch of nominee
Nominees: Nominations are open to all, and we encourage creativity in indentifying individuals who exemplify leadership and example in the three award categories. We encourage nominations from professional colleagues, business and community leaders, school administrators, and parents.
Narrative: Please provide a one-page narrative describing how your nominee exemplifies the spirit of these awards. Use the attached criteria to frame your thoughts. Provide specific examples that best illustrate your nominee's qualifications.
Evaluation: The volunteer awards committee consists of community leaders, selected by Young Audiences, who collectively represent expertise and experience as educators, artists, and entrepreneurs. The committee will review all nominations. Every nominee will be notified of their nomination.
Young Audiences reserves the right to not present the award in any category for which nominations are deemed insufficient. Award winners will be announced in June.
Award: One winner in each of the award categories (Arts, Education, and Entrepreneurship) will be chosen. The award winners will be recognized as follows:
- Public acknowledgement for their achievement at Icons of Art Party: Decades —Young Audiences of Northeast Ohio's 60th Anniversary Event on Friday, September 27, 2013
- A commemorative award for display
- Permanent acknowledgement by a fund named in their honor as part of Young Audiences' Fund for Their Future, the board-designated endowment fund.
- Award recipients must live or work in Northeast Ohio or directly contribute to the vitality of the region.
- Individuals currently employed by Young Audiences of Northeast Ohio or serving on its Board of Directors are ineligible.
Complete Nominations were received by Young Audiences by 5:00 PM on April 12, 2013. Young Audiences is no longer accepting nominations.